Friday, October 23, 2015
The Praise Bucket Challenge
The Ice-bucket challenge was cool. Get an ice-cold bucket of water and pour it on yourself, then send the challenge to a friend. This raised $220 million to the ALS Association to fight against Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Celebrities and all manner of folks chipped in.
Did you take the challenge?
What if we flipped this challenge, and made it be about challenging yourself to radically praise God, a little (if you have not already) or a lot more than you presently were praising God!
Whether single or married, here is the challenge:
• Simply praise and worship God, at an additional time not during a church worship service. (Quick clarification: We love God's bride, the Church and its various gatherings.)
• You pick whatever song you like.
That is it! But with a twist!
• If a single parent, record a video clip of you and your children praising God together.
• If single, record yourself!
• If married, record yourself and your spouse singing, you both do not have to be viewable, just both your voices (also, if you have kids with you, invite them along)!
• Post the lyrics, along with your recorded video of your singing!
• Send the challenge to another person!
Some questions you may ask:
• Do I have to have a good voice in order to sing aloud?
• Shouldn’t I be a musician who can carry a tune or play an instrument?
• Shouldn’t I have the music to carry the tune?
Easy answers: NO! NO! NO!
What is the benefit: We up the ante on the message of the War Room movie. I gain heavenly therapy to myself and my marriage (if married), or myself with my children (if a parent)! Also, we turn up the collective meter on praising God, as a single or married! Starting first in your circle!!!
Below is our first challenge!
We recorded this at 9500 elevation on the Sonora Pass in Sonora California!